Skip to main content

My First Poem On The Blog!

The prize far outweighs the price


At this point I would like to think that Elisabeth Elliot has become my spiritual mentor. She tells me to obey Christ with reckless abandon. 

At times I wonder what it is that she would say if she were right here in my suffering. She would cheer me on. She would applaud my searching heart. 


The Poem: The Prize Far Outweighs The Price 


God beckons me. 

He calls my name.

 He pursues me. 

He runs after me. 

He is a jealous God and He wants me to Himself.

 How shall I refuse when He gave Himself for me. 

How shall I refuse when death was the price he paid for the prize. 

I was the prize that far outweighed the price–not even death was too much. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Struggles Reveal God's Glory.

At the time of writing this, I can't afford to attend a wellness day hosted by my psychologist. Am I sad, yes. Am I resentful, no.  I've been reading books by Max Lucado, and I can't help but rejoice in these light afflictions. I have no idea what your afflictions are, but rejoice in them for they are our share in the passion of Christ.  You and I have been created to reflect God's glory.  Find every opportunity in your afflictions.  Sometimes God doesn't give us the answers we seek but His Word should be our anchor. Anchor your soul to the heart of a loving Father. Anchor your soul to Christ the Saviour of the world.  The world sways you with its trends. Trends are a mirage, the closer you get the more they disappear, yet the Word remains true. It's a sturdy anchor for our hearts.  The Word quenches our thirsty souls.  "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from my fears." Psalm 34:4 Seek Him and He will hear you. He will deliver you fr...

Sympathy in My Weakness

Jesus Christ sympathizes with me.  He knows my pain and doesn't turn me away when I'm tired of wallowing in self-pity. Self-pity dragged me down until I could barely lift a finger. There was something about knowing I didn't deserve this pain that justified it but I wasn't getting better.  The first step was to approach the throne of Grace even if it meant crawling. With each stride chirping at my confidence, I crawled across the broken pieces of my heart.  When I reached the Throne my Saviour was compassionate and had already been waiting to heal me.  Healing the emotional wounds that He can heal for you if you approach the throne of Grace. It's never too late.  Ours is not a high priest unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who, because of his likeness to us, has been tested every way, only without sin. Let us therefore boldly approach the throne of our gracious God, where we may receive mercy and in his grace find timely help (Heb. 4:15-16).

Soaking in the Word

Cognitive behavioral therapy, a technique used in talk therapy, focuses on changing my words to life-giving words. I've found that Jesus Christ is the sweetness to my soul and healing to my inner spirits.  He is the Word the truth and the life. The more I soak in the Word, the more I find it releasing a sweetness in my soul and healing my spirit.   Nothing is more appealing than speaking beautiful, life-giving words. For they release sweetness to our souls and inner healing to our spirits. "Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones." Proverbs 26:24 TPT God's Words are pleasant. I eat them and they are sweet. My mind finds comfort, my heart finds peace and my soul is delighted. Depression is depressing.  Nothing drags you down faster than negative thoughts. It would be far better for someone drowning with stones in his pocket than fighting negative thoughts. That was my mindset until I discovered that I could renew my mind usin...