Skip to main content

Soaking in the Word


Cognitive behavioral therapy, a technique used in talk therapy, focuses on changing my words to life-giving words. I've found that Jesus Christ is the sweetness to my soul and healing to my inner spirits. 

He is the Word the truth and the life.

The more I soak in the Word, the more I find it releasing a sweetness in my soul and healing my spirit. 

 Nothing is more appealing than speaking beautiful, life-giving words. For they release sweetness to our souls and inner healing to our spirits.

"Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones." Proverbs 26:24 TPT

God's Words are pleasant. I eat them and they are sweet. My mind finds comfort, my heart finds peace and my soul is delighted.

Depression is depressing. 

Nothing drags you down faster than negative thoughts. It would be far better for someone drowning with stones in his pocket than fighting negative thoughts. That was my mindset until I discovered that I could renew my mind using God's Word: pleasurable and sweet like a honeycomb. 

I saw God's promises of love, safety, and hope as sweetness to my soul, and health to my bones. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When You Suffer for Christ

More often than not people think that suffering is a curse from God. Maybe there is something that you did that took away God's protection and love from you. That's a lie. Reading Elisabeth Elliot's A Path through Suffering has revolutionized the way I view suffering, particularly mental health conditions.  In our culture depression is a form of evil spirit. Yes at times it does come with the devil's tempering. But remember that Jesus told Peter that Satan had asked to sift him as wheat but Jesus would intercede for him and reassured him that his faith would not fail. Imagine that, Jesus Christ saying out your name, praying for you. Depression means you can't pray.  Jesus wasn't specific but simply said he would be sifted as wheat. In the end we see him agonizing so much on his denial of Jesus but his faith didn't fail when he repented. Maybe drugs have led you into depression. Maybe evil spirits have led you into depression. Maybe God's will has led you

About Me!

 Hi there. I’m Monica.  I have lived experience with mental health. Just yesterday I was laughing with my little brother telling him that if what happened to me was to be a movie, it would be scary. I wouldn’t want to watch it.  But it would be a Christian movie because God wrote my story. I wouldn’t change it for anything because at the core of it is the hand of God. The same hand that propelled me to start this blog to share insights with those struggling with mental health.  Elisabeth Elliot's A Path Through Suffering helped me realize that God wasn't punishing me. My pain was meant to encourage you, and that made it bearable.  Consider me the friend who knows what it is to live with mental illness. One who is learning to find strength in the Word of God. I will share poetry, scripture, and encouragement with you, and there will be a few tears and laughs, but all to strengthen you.  I’m so glad you’re here.

My First Poem On The Blog!

The prize far outweighs the price At this point I would like to think that Elisabeth Elliot has become my spiritual mentor. She tells me to obey Christ with reckless abandon.  At times I wonder what it is that she would say if she were right here in my suffering. She would cheer me on. She would applaud my searching heart.  The Poem: The Prize Far Outweighs The Price  God beckons me.  He calls my name.  He pursues me.  He runs after me.  He is a jealous God and He wants me to Himself.  How shall I refuse when He gave Himself for me.  How shall I refuse when death was the price he paid for the prize.  I was the prize that far outweighed the price–not even death was too much.